Car Accident? Call Carr
personal injury lawyer Serving Clients in Tacoma, Olympia, Lakewood, West Olympia, Puyallup & Federal Way

(253) 258-0996

  • Hidden

Social Media

    Personal Injury Lawyer in Federal Way

    Accidents happen every day. When they are the result of someone else’s carelessness or recklessness, it is important that you get the legal representation you need to secure compensation for the damages you suffered.

    Put Decades of Experience on Your Side

    At the Law Offices of Harold D. Carr, our Federal Way personal injury lawyers can help you assess your situation and build an effective legal strategy for your needs. Our team has served clients in the Puget Sound region since 1991, and we are confident in our ability to help you obtain the best possible outcome for your situation.

    personal injury lawyer

    Fighting for Your Fair Outcome

    Obtaining compensation for your damages—such as your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more—usually means you will have to file a claim against an insurance carrier. These companies build entire legal strategies out of shifting blame and interpreting their contracts in a way that keeps you from getting the money you need. With the Law Offices of Harold D. Carr on your side, however, you can trust that we will take every measure needed to obtain the best possible outcome for your case.

    Call our team of injury attorneys today.  (253) 258-0996

    harold d carr - law offices

    Who Is Eligible to File a Personal Injury Claim?

    In order to bring a personal injury claim for damages, you will need to first establish several elements proving your eligibility to receive compensation.

    To bring a personal injury claim, you will need to show the following: 

    • Another person/party owed you a “duty of care.” This means that someone else was responsible for acting in a reasonably safe manner to prevent you from coming to harm. A duty of care may be explicit, but it is more often implied, such as the duty of care that exists between motorists on the road or between a doctor and her patients.
    • The duty of care was breached. In other words, the person who owed you a reasonable expectation of safety failed to uphold this duty. An example of this would be a distracted driver; when someone is driving while texting, they are failing to uphold the duty of care to act in a reasonable manner to prevent other motorists from being harmed.
    • As a result of the breach of the duty of care, you suffered damages. Essentially, you must prove causality between the breach of the duty of care and your damages. Such damages should be measurable and can include things like medical expenses, lost income/wages, loss of life quality, pain and suffering, property damage, and more.
    • After establishing these elements, you can file a personal injury claim and seek compensation for your losses. Our firm can help. Get in touch with our Federal Way personal injury lawyers to learn more.

    How Much Time Do You Have to File a Claim?

    You deserve to rest and relax as best you can after being seriously injured in an accident. However, you cannot let too much time go by before taking legal action against the party or parties that hurt you. Washington has a three-year statute of limitations on most personal injury claims, which typically starts on the day of your accident or whenever your injuries become apparent.

    When the three-year statute of limitations ends, you will have a much more difficult time pursuing any compensation from the liable parties. A court can throw out any claim filed after the statute of limitations ends if the defendant requests it. There are limited circumstances when a court would allow a claim to continue after the statute of limitations expires, so we greatly encourage you to work with our attorneys and let us handle your claim to progress everything on time.

    Personal Injury Lawyer | Law Offices of Harold D. Carr, PS
    Personal Injury Lawyer in Federal Way, Tacoma, Olympia, Lakewood, West Olympia, Puyallup

    How Long Will Your Claim Take to End?

    Waiting for a personal injury claim to end can be agonizing, especially if you are depending on getting a fair settlement or verdict amount to keep you financially afloat. How long will you need to wait for your claim to conclude, though? The answer will depend on many variables.

    If the defending party does not want to take accountability for what happened, then your case will be prolonged as settlement discussions need to continue. The timeline will be extended even further if the matter needs to go to litigation for a judge’s or jury’s decision. Complex cases will also require more time to investigate before the claim is even filed.

    When everything is considered, a relatively straightforward case with a cooperative defendant could take a few months to a year to conclude on average. On the other hand, complicated cases with stubborn defendants will take much longer, possibly multiple years.

    Call our team of injury attorneys today.  (253) 258-0996

    What Will Your Claim Be Worth?

    Damages you can receive in a personal injury claim will usually include:

    • Medical treatment costs, including future care
    • Lost wages and income
    • Property damage and repair
    • Pain and suffering


    personal injury lawyers serving Tacoma, Olympia, Lakewood, West Olympia, Puyallup & Federal Way
    skilled personal injury lawyers in Tacoma, Olympia, Lakewood, West Olympia, Puyallup & Federal Way

    When all of your damages are calculated, what will it all be worth? As with the timeline for your personal injury claim, the value of it is also largely unpredictable and depends on multiple factors. The most influential factor will be the severity and permanence of your injuries because that will increase your medical needs, time missed off work, and the pain you endure.

    Non-economic damages based on your pain and suffering are usually based on your total economic damages multiplied by a varying number. For example, if you need $20,000 for your medical bills after a serious slip and fall accident, then your pain and suffering damages could be $40,000, bringing the total result up to $60,000. Working with one of our Federal Way personal injury lawyers is a simple way of having your damages calculated by professionals who have years of experience in legal practice.

    We serve clients throughout Washington from our seven locations.

    Call our team of injury attorneys today.  (253) 258-0996

    Testimonials From Google and Facebook

    Extremely helpful and understanding. They fought hard for my case and I'd recommend them to anyone that needs a good   lawyer. If I ever need a lawyer again, I know who to call.

    read more Google testimonials...

    Michelle E.

    Such wonderful and helpful people! Deana was the best, so kind, helpful and didn't seem to get bothers by a million messages or phone calls! If I needed to I would use them again for sure!

    read more Facebook testimonials...

    Marah V.

    Federal Way Personal Injury Lawyers

    Serving Clients in Lynnwood, Mukilteo, Brier, Mill Creek, Everett, Cathcart, Monroe, Snohomish, Sultan, Granite Falls, Marysville, Arlington, Stanwood, Camano Island, Conway, Mount Vernon, Sedro Woolley, Bow, Edison, La Conner, Tacoma, Olympia, Lakewood, West Olympia, Puyallup & Federal Way