Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers in Gig Harbor
Being injured in an accident is a frustrating and scary experience. With insurance companies doing everything they can to save money and avoid paying out a fair settlement, fighting for your full and fair compensation can feel like an impossible battle.
At the Law Offices of Harold D. Carr, we have helped thousands of clients to recover money for the damages they suffered. With our Gig Harbor personal injury lawyer on your side, you will have a better chance at obtaining compensation for your healthcare costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage. Our team is committed to helping members of our community get through these tough legal challenges.
Cases We Handle
When you are injured due to someone else’s irresponsible behavior, the first people you hear from are usually insurance adjusters looking to offer you what they say is a generous settlement. Of course, these amounts are usually the smallest they can legally get away with. Our injury attorneys are familiar with the tactics these companies use. We can help you build a strong case for your interests.
Washington’s Pure Comparative Negligence Rule
After being in a serious accident, you need to determine who caused it, as well as how much each party contributed to that cause. A person’s “blame” for an accident is their liability in legal terms. To determine liability, Washington uses a pure comparative negligence rule that allows all parties to sue other parties for compensation, no matter how liable they are.
Determining a fair and correct amount of liability after an accident is still important, though, because the compensation you can reasonably collect is reduced the higher your liability goes up. The goal should be to reduce your liability down to 0%, meaning you can collect 100% of what is owed to you. For example, if you are found to be 20% liable for your accident and injuries, then you can collect up to 80% of the total compensation amount.
We can use various types of evidence to prove you were not liable for your accident, such as:
- Eyewitness statements
- Photographs from the accident scene
- Medical records
- Police and EMT reports
Compensation Types to Consider in Your Claim
What damages have you experienced because of your accident and injuries? Whatever the answer might be, you can probably consider adding those damages to your case.
Four types of damages that might be applicable are:
- Medical bills: The worst financial damages you might experience after a serious accident could be medical bills and associated costs, especially if your healthcare insurance hits a cap and no longer will cover future treatments.
- Repair costs: In a vehicular accident claim, it is common for the claimant to need financial coverage for their vehicle’s repair or replacement. Car insurance policies rarely provide enough to replace a vehicle at its true value and after it has been totaled.
- Missing wages: Your financial situation could be worsened by losing wages and income while missing work. The longer your hospital stay or bedrest, the more you will suffer financially in the long run.
- Noneconomic damages: Any pain, suffering, and emotional trauma you experienced because of your accident can be counted as noneconomic damage, which is then capable of being compensated financially.
Testimonials From Google and Facebook
Extremely helpful and understanding. They fought hard for my case and I'd recommend them to anyone that needs a good lawyer. If I ever need a lawyer again, I know who to call.
read more Google testimonials...
Such wonderful and helpful people! Deana was the best, so kind, helpful and didn't seem to get bothers by a million messages or phone calls! If I needed to I would use them again for sure!
read more Facebook testimonials...
Personal Injury Lawyers in Gig Harbor
Serving Clients in Tacoma, Olympia, Lakewood, West Olympia, Puyallup & Federal Way